Parc de Lignieres
Parc de Lignieres is a traditional 17th century Maison de Maitre situated in the middle of an ancient village. This former wine maker’s family house, which covers 250 square meters inside, is simply laid out, and tastefully designed with five double bedrooms sleeping 12 comfortably. All the bedrooms have traditional shutters on the windows and look out on to the sunny private courtyard.
- Large kitchen/dining room with handmade furniture and local marble, range cooker, large dining table to comfortably seat 12 and piano
- Separate larder with large fridge/freezer, microwave and wine fridge
- Sitting room with marble fireplace and doors to courtyard
- Study/library with open fire, landline, wireless Internet plus plenty of books and maps on the local area
- Snug/TV room full of toys, books, games, PS3, and a TV/DVD plus lots of films
- Laundry room with separate washer and drier
- 1 x WC
- 1 x master bedroom with ensuite WC/shower
- 1 x family room with double bed, bunkbeds and cot
- 2 x double bedrooms
- 1 x twin bedroom
- 2 x bathrooms each with bath, shower and WC
Courtyard, gardens and pool
- Swimming pool
- Pool patio area with sun loungers
- Pool bar area with fridge
- Outdoor eating/party area with lighting
- Large courtyard barbecue
- Garden games room
To the front of the house is a private courtyard, surrounded by the walls of the house and barns. The courtyard is very private and can be a sun trap with lime and chestnut trees providing shelter from the summer sun, and are often nested in during the Spring. All the shuttered doors to the house open onto the courtyard, and a large covered outdoor eating/party area provides a fabulous space for outdoor dining with lighting, outside WC and BBQ. in the courtyard there is a open well surrounded by local stone. It is possible to see the water at approximately 30m (depending on the water table), there is a secure grill but be warned about keys and mobile phones!
Parc de Ligniere’s unusual feature is that it has a large walled garden measuring 2069 square metres, like a secret park, beyond the gates of the courtyard. There is plenty of play space, swing and trees to climb. For the sports enthusiasts there is a rowing machine, 2 full size table tennis tables and a badminton net, perfect for those feeling competitive.
There is a large 10m x 5m saltwater swimming pool which has a fence around it and a manual safety cover for added security. The pool has steps down into it and a shallow ledge (depth 1.2m) to it but is deep enough in the centre (2m) to dive into and warm enough to stay in all afternoon. There are wonderful spaces for sitting by the pool, including an outside pool room with covered seating area, poolside bar and fridge.